2nd Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology
Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Ottawa
July 16 - 18, 2014
About the 2nd Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology
The conference brought together internationally-renowned researchers in positive psychology, positive psychology practitioners, clinicians, educators and teachers, business consultants, coaches and the general public from across Canada and the world. Our goal was to share leading-edge research and best practices in the application of positive psychology across disciplines.
Click here to see what some participants had to say about the 2nd Canadian Conference on Positive Psychology.
Applied positive psychology has been demonstrated to:
- Improve mental and physical health;
- Deepen the quality of our relationships and strengthen team bonds;
- Increase employee productivity, sales, creativity, and retention;
- Identify and nurture a strengths-based approach to coaching, counselling and performance improvement
- Improve mental health in our schools
- Shorten the time it takes to bounce back from failure;
- Provide skills to deal with stress, pain and loss;
- Help discover greater meaning in life
- Positive psychology is about finding ways to recognize and foster the things that lead to flourishing individuals
Presentation formats included posters, workshops, symposia, keynote lectures, and conversation sessions. Our unique atmosphere balanced scientific sessions with knowledge exchanges designed to spark new ideas, catalyze partnerships, and strengthen the practice of positive psychology across many sectors.
Sonja Lyubomirsky, Robert Vallerand, Michael Steger, Tim Kasser